Why Medical Qi Gong?
Why Medical Qi Gong?
Medical Qi Gong (pron. “chee gong”) is the art of healing that puts health back into your own hands. Our Programs and Training combine methods to harmonize body, mind and breath. Methods include clinical application, psychotherapeutic principles, evidence-based science, and energetic practices.
What Can Medical Qi Gong Do For You?
Medical Qi Gong opens doors to better self-care and more opportunity to help others. Our certification programs for various health practitioners enables them to provide a new modality to their client/patients for dealing with some of the following health issues.
- Biesinger, E. Kipman U., Schatz S & Langguth B. (2010). Qigong for the treatment of tinnitus: a prospective randomized controlled study. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 69 (3), 299 – 304.
- Freeman S, Hanik S, Littlejohn, M. Malandruccolo, Coughlin J, Warren B, &McGowan,C (2014). Sit breathe smile: Effects of single and weekly seated Qigong on blood pressure and quality of life in long-term care. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 20(1), 48 – 53.
- Griffith J. M, Hasley, J. P, Lui H, Severn D, & Conner, L. H. (2008). Qigong stress reduction in hospital staff. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 14(8). 939-945.
- Ho. R, Chan J, Wang C, Lau B., So, K Yuen L., & Sham J. (2012). A randomized controlled trial of Qigong exercise on fatigue symptoms, functioning and telomerase activity in persons with chronic fatigue or chronic fatigue syndrome. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 44 (2), 160 -170.
- Jahnke Roger OM, et al, A Comprehensive Review of the Health Benefits of Qigong and Tai Chi, Am J. Health Promot July 1, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3085832/
- Mulcahy Nick “Qigong Improves Fatigue in Prostate Cancer Survivors Medscape Medical News, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/813893 November 6, 2013.
- Nelson Roxanne Qi Gong Improves Quality of Life in Cancer Patients Medscape News, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/772407 October 10,2012.
- Rendant Daniel MD et al, Qi Gong versus Exercise versus No Therapy for Patients with Chronic Neck Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Medscape News, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/739028 2011.
- Wright P, Innes K, Alton J, Bovbjerg V, & Owens J. (2011). A pilot study of Qigong practice and upper respiratory illness in elite swimmers. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 39 (3), 461 – 475.